Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good old roualt58...

Re:Good old roualt58... 9 years 2 months ago #10150

• Mr Raffles
Roualt did post a brief clip of this video promo a while back and mentioned that the complete item would follow one day. Great to see it some 40 years after it's release. What else has the guy got up his sleeve I wonder? Can Steve assure us that he and Roualt are NOT the same person??!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Good old roualt58... 9 years 2 months ago #10151

• GedKen
Hi Mr. Raffles, roualt may be someone who was around the band in those early days, not necessarily Steve himself. Maybe someone like Richard Ames (tour manager from those days)? He has an excellent website (roadstories) which has some rare photos/recollections on that site you won't see/hear elsewhere.

Whoever it is I do thank them. And what do you know, here is another goodie loaded onto Youtube. :)

Re:Good old roualt58... 9 years 2 months ago #10152

• Mr Raffles
Another really nice collection of video shots and live Judy Teen audio that Roualt has put together with expertise. The thing that strikes me about his channel is the hugely favourable response to all of the videos posted. Almost half a million viewings and a positive response from just about everyone who has seen them. Great(and free)publicity for Steve and his music.

Re:Good old roualt58... 9 years 2 months ago #10153

• GedKen
Yes Mr. Raffles, I do enjoy clicking on the 'roualt58's Channel' option below these videos and just cruise the Harley photos and music that are collected there.

What I really am grateful for is that most of this material was put out in a pre home-video-recorder era(let alone pre-Internet), and at a time when TV didn't repeat programmes. So if you didn't see it when it was broadcast - you didn't see it at all. I remember, on the off-chance, catching the TV advert Steve did for Prima Donna album...I don't know how many hours I sat there waiting to see it run again. It didn't. Same with mags and the music press, if you didn't pick up on an article in the current week's Sounds or Melody Maker you didn't really have a chance of finding/reading a copy at a later date. Oddly enough, all these years later, we can. Fantastic! I can now watch more CR/Harley film than I ever had access to at the time. Mind you, I have still to see that Prima Donna advert again... :blink:

Re:Good old roualt58... 9 years 2 months ago #10154

• Mr Raffles
It's unfortunate but a lot of TV programmes up to around 1976 were wiped fairly soon after transmission due to costs. I'm like you GedKen in finding it so sad that historic moments in musical TV history can be erased forever. No one wins. The people who have memories of Judy Teen on TOTP's I'm sure would love to relive that special moment once more. For those who never ever saw that original broadcast we can only thank the likes of Roualt/Blue Orange (whoever they are) to get that chance to see a short snippet of history.

Re:Good old roualt58... 9 years 2 months ago #10168

• stewart g
Indeed fair play to Roualt for giving us access to some great rare Rebel items. ;)
  • Page: